- When it snows all day, but the snow doesn’t stick to the sidewalks or roads. It just covers and coats all the vegetation and buildings. So pretty but without the hassle of moving around in snow.
- Long drives that allow you to reflect and find areas of growth in life.
- Fun, light, summery scarves.
- Having a man in my life who understands what’s important to me, why it’s important, and then does what he can to support all of it.
- An afternoon spent reading and napping – just being lazy and enjoying every moment of it!
Posted by Annie Brokaw on May 2, 2016
- Having full belief that things happen for a reason and that things work out precisely how they’re supposed to whether we can appreciate that at the time or not.
- Finally getting a piece of my sister’s art framed and ready to hang on my wall! It’s been on my to-do list for WAY too long.
- Getting to bed at a reasonable hour for a few nights in a row. Make such a difference in how I feel the next morning.
- The habit of using alarms on my phone to remind me of the need to stop and do the important things during the day like count my blessings, stretch my neck, and check in on those I love.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on April 25, 2016
- It’s possible that the time I spend in the gym today might be the only thing that keeps me sane.
- Speaking of the gym, I get kinda bummed when I’m having stellar hair day and I know I’m going to wreck it in the gym by having to put it up so it’s off my face and neck.
- I’m having one of those days where I’ve lost perspective on the present moment – something I’ve gotten pretty good at maintaining lately. I have so much to do over the next several weeks and my mind is spinning out of control on all of it. Ever had one of those days?
- I burned my shins pretty badly a few weekends ago on the beach in California. (It was a marvelous day with one of the most special women in my life.) I’ve been trying hard not to pick at the peeling skin on my legs, but it’s a battle I’m losing. I love picking peeling, dead skin. Gross? I know.
- The weather is supposed to be amazing this weekend and I can’t wait to spend a little time on my new patio!
Posted by Annie Brokaw on April 21, 2016
- Oat bran with Muscle Gain and blueberries. Holy smokes.
- Sitting and bed and reading a good book.
- My new patio with it’s new furniture set and outdoor rug. I’m super excited to plant flowers, buy a grill, and spend oodles of time out there!
- Pecans. I wasn’t a real fan of eating them straight up (as opposed to in pecan pie) until recently. But they’ve grown on me.
- Having a partner in my life who really understands and supports my goals. It’s certainly helpful that we share the same vision for life, for sure. But I think he’d be supportive no matter what.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on April 18, 2016
- I’ve discussed before how what I watch before bed usually ends up in my dreams. As you can imagine, this can go really well or really poorly. Lately we’ve been watching all the Iron Man/Thor/Avengers movies so I can get caught up before the next one comes out. I’ve been having such active, vivid, crazy dreams that it’s making it hard to sleep!
- I might have a new addiction to mashed cauliflower. (Think mashed potatoes with regard to creaminess and consistency.) I know it sounds weird and like it might be gross, but it’s so far from it.
- I get really fed up with and bored of texting easily. That’s why I love voice to text. I’ve definitely learned, however, to check something before I send it as some weird things can happen. The other day my phone turned “soy and dairy” into “Steve and Terry”. That would have been confusing!
- I’m doing a TON of personal growth work right now because I know that to get what I want in life, I need to become more and become worthy of it. It’s hard, but incredibly rewarding and worthwhile.
- I’m working on plans for my 40th birthday right now. FORTIETH! Where does the time go?
Posted by Annie Brokaw on April 7, 2016