- Kicking the weekend off right with good friends, good food, and a good view on the roof of The Rio.
- Dancing! The floor was packed and so sticky it was hard to move, so we opted for dancing amongst the tables on the carpet. So, less than ideal circumstances, but we made the best of it. It felt good to dance again and I was pleased that I seem not to have forgotten much.
- A picnic that included looking out over McIntosh Lake to watch the sun set behind the Rockies.
- An afternoon spent splashing in the water and playing in the sand at Carter Lake.
- Quiet, blissful evenings spent relaxing.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on June 29, 2015
- I’m on the tail-end of dealing with a foot issue since last August. I’m trying not to push it and reinjure myself, but I’m at a point where I miss dancing so much I’m going a bit stir crazy.
- Humidity and I are not friends. At all. I was so puffy and bloated in Aruba it was painful at times. My ankles (excuse me, my humidity induced cankles) were so bad it looked like both of them were badly sprained.
- I’m not a nails painted type of gal. Toenails, yes. Fingernails, no. I get irritated the minute they look chipped and somewhat crappy. I had them painted for my trip and almost instantly wanted it off my nails.
- I’m not a huge fan of my car. Mainly because I’m tired of driving a stick. So. So. So. Tired. But now that it’s paid off, I find myself a bit more tolerant. No car payment sure is nice!
- My nephew called me “Ann” the other day instead of “Auntie Annie.” I was all, “What did you call me!? Listen, kid, I’m Auntie Annie even when you’re 60 years old. Got that?” I might have gone a bit overboard…
Posted by Annie Brokaw on June 25, 2015
Welp, I’m home from Aruba, which feels good and not good. We had a great time and I felt utterly relaxed and devoid of all stress. I could use a bit more of that! But then I was ready to be done. It’s always a good sign when you feel like you got what you needed from vacation, but that you’re ready and happy to be home. There was so much to love from the past week!
- Staying at this house. Seriously amazing, this place. Loved it and I highly recommend it.
- Getting to go on this incentive trip with six of my favorite people. When I started my AdvoCare business, I was certain incentive trips were a joke. No one wins those! I’ve been on two in the past six months.
- White sand beaches and water so warm it’s like you’re taking a tepid bath. So, so glorious.
- Days of not doing my hair and wearing minimal make up if any. Have I mentioned how much I hate wearing make up? Oh, only about 45 times, you say? Sorry about that.
- Coming home to one of my favorite people picking me up at the airport and then crawling into my own bed.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on June 22, 2015
Yes, a day late…
- Ever work with people who just can’t see the good in anything? Who always find the negativity and focus on that? Man, it’s so hard for me to keep my cool in those situations and not call them out on their crappy attitude. And it’s so hard to understand how they don’t get that critique and criticism is always best served with a healthy dose of praise, compliment, and gratitude.
- I’ve never considered myself a nag. Come to think of it, I’ve never been called one either. I was thinking about it this morning when it dawned on me why nagging doesn’t work. Rather than hearing the actual need of the nagger, the nagged is focused on the fact that they’re being nagged. Follow that? Seems to me that if you really want someone to do something or change a process/behavior, a constructive conversation where they don’t feel like they’re being treated like a child and devalued is likely the best approach.
- I’m headed to the beach next week and the only books I’m packing are all related to business and self improvement. Lame, you say? Here’s my perspective: I have limited time to read, so I should be putting something good and worthwhile that will better me and my life in my noggin.
- It’s possible there is no greater killer of motivation for me than a late Friday afternoon before a week-long vacation. My brain is utter mush at that point.
- I hate to fly. Not because I’m afraid the plane will fall out of the sky or anything like that. But because there’s a good chance that I’ll be a nanosecond away from vomiting on at least one, if not several, occasions during the flight. The conversation in my head for most of the flight is, “Don’t vomit. No need to do that. Nice deep breaths. Just keep it all in there.”
Posted by Annie Brokaw on June 12, 2015
The new OTG (On The Go) Rehydrate from AdvoCare is flipping amazing! I’m already bumming about the fact that it’s only while supplies last. This is what’s on the sidelines of Major League Soccer, so hopefully they make it a long-term thing soon.
Fresh flowers in my home.
The bright color of this homemade arugula pesto. Here’s the recipe I use but I add lemon juice.
Peonie season! Is there a prettier, more fragrant flower out there?
My latest creation to come out of Ladie’s Art night with my sister and some other gals.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on June 8, 2015