So, some time ago I mentioned the possibility of taking a break from blogging for a bit. I’ve been writing this blog for about five and a half years and there are almost 900 posts! To be honest, I’m just a little weary of it at the moment. For several months, I’ve not posted more than the “5 things I’m loving right now” and “Confession Thursday” posts and I often found myself struggling to write those suckers. It’s not that there isn’t plenty to love or plenty to confess, it’s just started to feel more like a job, an obligation, than a creative outlet.
With that said, I’m going to take a break for a bit. I have no idea for how long, but until I feel a passion for doing this again, I’m going to refrain. I SO appreciate all of you folks who’ve been reading for so many years. I kind of feel like I’m letting people down by stepping back, but I started this blog as a way to express my desire to write and I just don’t feel that right now. So it seems best to stop.
Alright, peeps. There you have it. For now. Take care and stay out of trouble!
Posted by Annie Brokaw on February 5, 2015
- The excitement my niece has when she sees me.
- Experiencing an amazingly powerful and inspirational weekend with some of my favorite people at the AdvoCare regional conference.
- Effortlessly thoughtful people. Do you know anyone like that? Where it’s just so obvious that being thoughtful is inherent and without any agenda whatsoever? If not, let me tell you that it’s pretty amazing.
- Falling asleep while being read to. Now I know why kids love it so much. Very soothing.
- People with vision and the cojones to take a leap of faith. It’s a scary thing to do, but great things usually result. Even if it’s great lessons on what not to do the next time you leap! Upshot – the leap is worth it.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on January 19, 2015
- If it were appropriate and within my control (which it’s not in restaurants, others homes, etc.), I would always eat out of a bowl with a spoon as I find that easiest. Apparently I’m a toddler.
- People with short hair will tell you it’s easier to manage than long hair. I think they’re crazy. My hair has been shorter than normal in the past five months and it’s driving me nuts. So, longer I go.
- When I Cc a person on an email that is, in my opinion, an indication that I want them on all future conversations in that thread. So, when someone responds to just me and not the Cc’d person, it kinda annoys me. Then forwarding needs to happen, etc. and things just get convoluted.
- When I get in a person’s car, I assume that anything on the floor is there for a reason – that reason being that they don’t give a crap about what’s down there and so my feet can go on it. So, I find it funny when people pick pieces of paper, parking stubs, etc. off my floor before getting in the car. If it’s down there, I don’t care about it. Step all over it, folks!
- I’ve decided Skype is one of the greatest things ever.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on January 15, 2015
- Supportive people who regularly send me prayers and good juju. We can all use a little of that, right?
- Brown rice cakes with cashew butter. So satisfying for a healthy snack.
- Knowing that resolution to a stressful thing is right around the corner…
- Big, warm flannel shirts that keep me cozy on cold winter nights. I’m ready for winter to be over!
- Being able to help people feel better and more hopeful in their lives because of AdvoCare. It’s such a blessing to be a part of positive transformation with people.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on January 12, 2015
- I’ve been a little MIA on here lately and I’m sorry about that. There were a lot of people in town for the holidays and I just got caught up with all of that.
- I have quite a few boxelder bugs living in my place with me right now. For whatever reason, they don’t bother me at all. Now, if they were spiders or those centipede looking things with pincers on their heads, it would be all-out war.
- The past few weeks have been pretty cold, snowy, icy, and bleak. I’m already over winter, which is a supreme bummer considering it, basically, just started.
- I don’t know why I do this to myself, but every now and then I’ll eat dairy like it’s nobodies business. For days on end. And then my sinuses are all stuffy and inflamed and I’m uncomfortable. You’d think I’d have learned by now.
- Lately, while kids are being kids, people will look at me and say, “Are you sure you want to do this?” and point at their children. All sorts of people all over the place. (I know they’re, essentially, joking, but still.) Um, yup. I am. Thanks for your concern. Granted, I’ve never parented so I really have no idea what I’m talking about. But I did start babysitting at the age of 12, I am eight years older than my brother so I had a hand in taking a lot of care of him growing up, and I’ve been very active in helping out with my sister’s kids. I’m not a total moron at this. Seriously, the next person that says this is going to get a piece of my mind. Y’all have been warned.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on January 9, 2015