- When I go too long between hair cuts, I start to fantasize about shaving my head. I’ve done some investigating and it seems like I have a good cranium for that. No weird lumps or anything. Not that I’d ever do it, but it’s reassuring to know it might not be totally terrifying under there.
- I haven’t danced in months because of some damage I did to one of my feet. For a while I kind of appreciated the break. Now I just miss it. I think it’ll all come back to me pretty quickly, but I do wonder…
- I saw the new Mad Max last weekend and I guarantee I spent most of the movie with a look of utter confusion on my face. Seriously, one of the strangest movies ever. But I still liked it! The former 4-wheeler in me was just as pumped up about some of the vehicles on the screen as the teenage boys in there. (I think my friend and I were two of 10 women in a packed theater.)
- Sometimes music has a bigger presence in my life. Like the words to songs I’ve listened to a million times suddenly take on a whole new meaning. I love that.
- I just had a four day weekend last week. This weekend will be a three day weekend. Next weekend, I’ll have another four day weekend. This is how life should always be.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on May 21, 2015
I spent the weekend in Santa Barbara, CA visiting a friend and helping her grow her AdvoCare business. It yielded many things to love!
- The window seat on a plane. I almost always sit in the aisle, but I had the window seat on two flights this past weekend and it was awesome to see everything below us. I’ll be doing that more often!
- People who feel like long lost sisters and a kindred spirit. Robint and I had a great time!
- A nice walk on the beach. It’s been many years since I was down on the beach next to the ocean.
- The new Mad Max movie. So awesome! And probably one of the strangest movies I’ve ever seen. I wonder about some people’s imaginations. Truly.
- The excitement that comes from knowing you have solutions that can help people with their health and finances – the two biggest things people struggle with. It’s very empowering and humbling to help people find a better way.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on May 18, 2015
- If I’m ever in a spelling contest, the word itinerary is where I’ll fail. I can’t spell this word if my life depended on it. I’m just darned thankful WordPress autocorrected that for me.
- I’ve had a lot of conversations lately where I have a precise plan for what I’m going to say and how I’m going to say it in order to touch on everything and answer any questions someone might have only to be interrupted, usually with a question. This leads me to say, “If you’d let me finish, I was going to get there.” I can’t tell if the issue is that I’m overly loquacious, if I’m super thoughtful in how I communicate and that’s unappreciated, or if people are just rude and impatient. (Did the use of loquacious just answer my own question?)
- I don’t like wearing other people’s shoes. It totally creeps me out.
- I keep seeing these young girls all over social media discussing how ugly they are. I’m not sure if they’re just fishing for compliments or truly believe this about themselves. Either way, it makes me sad.
- I have a bad habit of losing silver hoop earrings. And not the cheapo kind, either. They just fall out of my ears without me noticing. It’s like they’re trying to escape.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on May 14, 2015
- The smell of spring. All we’ve had for the last week is cold, gray, rainy days, which is getting kind of old. But the fresh green smell of everything coming alive is worth it.
- This song. I have the CD in my car right now and I’ve been playing this song on repeat for days. It makes me so happy! Not to mention the lyrics really speak to me right now.
- A Sunday afternoon with my family. I love those people. I’m so lucky to consider my family some of my best buddies.
- The way my niece says your name with everything. “Thank you, Annie Annie.” “Love you, Annie Annie.” “Please, Annie Annie.” It’s so cute! (I’m Annie Annie to her instead of Auntie Annie.)
- People who fill you up and bring in happiness.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on May 11, 2015
- I kinda miss doing this. (But doubt it’ll be a super regular thing, just FYI.)
- I HATE wearing strapless bras. My mom won’t buy anything that needs to be dry cleaned (that’s her breaking point). My breaking point is if an item requires a strapless bra. No joke. It could be the most amazing garment every created. If I can’t wear a normal bra with it, it’s out.
- 2015 has been, so far, the strangest year of my life – an odd blend of some of the hardest days I’ve ever experienced along with some of the most affirming and positive days I’ve ever experienced. All I can say is personal growth is at an all-time high at the moment.
- I think personal growth rocks the casbah. (I really have no idea what that saying means, but you get my point. I hope.)
- I think garden gnomes are hilarious. Hilarious in a, “Who in the world decided these suckers should be produced in the first place? How weird is that?” kind of way. Not in a, “Aw, aren’t these so cute and funny?” kind of way. When I own a home with a yard, I plan on strategically positioning several of these around the yard. Please understand, these gnomes will be strictly for the purpose of irony and chuckles. I do not take garden gnomes seriously, nor should you!
Posted by Annie Brokaw on May 7, 2015