Before our most recent camp excursion I did a ton of meal prep. There was the usual camp junk in my food box (Annie’s Mac & Cheese, chips, fruit leathers) but I also wanted some healthy options.
For example, I made chicken salad:
- Buy a rotisserie chicken at the store and break that motha’ down
- Chop celery (about 4 stalks)
- Make up a batch of The Best Sauce Ever
- Mix it altogether and voila!
I pre-made omelets in muffin tins for breakfast. They were a total fail. I’m going to try these again and when I get it right, I’ll let you know.
But the best of the pre-made food where veggie packets inspired by an email from my mom:
- Skin and cut 4-5 red potatoes
- Cut up 1 onion (I’m LOVING the Vidala’s in the store lately)
- Cut the ends of green beans and then cut them into 2 inch bites (about a pound)
- Throw all of this in a bowl and coat with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic
- Portion this out onto heavy duty tinfoil (a must for the campfire) and wrap into little packets.
The amounts above made 3 nice sized packets for 3 nights of heaven.