- A great conversation with my dad at dinner the other night. I really enjoyed his company and insights.
- Reconnecting with my old friend Teresa. There’s been so much that’s happened in both our lives since we last saw each other, so it was really nice to catch up.
- When food is really well done like a great Caesar salad or really good fried chicken. Both were enjoyed this weekend.
- Floating weightless for 60 minutes at the Cloud Nine Float Center in Boulder. If you ever have the chance to do something like this, go for it!
- Clean sheets. I really do love slipping into bed when there are clean sheets in the mix.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on October 20, 2014
- I perceive people who don’t cuss (at least once in a while) as very disciplined people. They, no doubt, just see it as second nature. Whatever the case may be, I find it so bizarre that they don’t curse on occasion that it almost seems unnatural.
- Ever notice how the biggest lessons we need to learn in life come at us repeatedly until we conquer them? I’m getting better at identifying those lessons and learning them quickly. Well, at least I think I am. I could be totally wrong and the people who know me best are thinking, “Yeah, you’re a bozo, but nice try.”
- Speaking of being a bozo, I accidentally turned off my alarm the other morning rather than just hitting snooze. I then proceeded to have a long, totally bizarre dream that was pretty amusing. A big thank you to my subconscious for deciding the extra sleep and good dream were necessary.
- I keep seeing all of these great pictures of my new niece, who’s getting all chubby and squishy. When I see these photos, all I want to do is cuddle her up and take a long nap.
- I used to prefer hanging out with the guys over the girls any day of the week. Less drama and pettiness was a leading cause for this decision. Lately, I find myself in the presence of some really powerful, strong, supportive women and it’s filling me up and fueling me in some amazing ways. Chicks rule!
Posted by Annie Brokaw on October 16, 2014
- People who understand how important other people’s time is and that it’s important to respect and honor that.
- Sticking to my guns regardless of how much I wanted to cave. Sometimes the long game and delaying gratification are hard to keep in perspective. But rarely are you regretful of doing just that.
- That one of my favorite local restaurant chains (The Mountain Sun chain) just opened a location by my house and they have my favorite thing on the menu, their crab cake burger. They don’t offer this at all of their locations, so I’m psyched they do at the one closest to me!
- Hearing a great 80’s cover band. They killed some awesome tunes!
- All of the positive, optimistic, hard-working, accountable, reliable people I have in my life. So fulfilling and rewarding to be surrounded by people like this!
Posted by Annie Brokaw on October 13, 2014
- There are a lot of sites these days that require you to hit “next” over and over and over again to see all of the images in an article. Every time you hit next, the page has to load which means there is lag time – very annoying. My guess is that every click yields higher ad revenue for these sites as they’re able to charge advertisers for each click. When I hit a site like this, regardless of how much I want to read the article, I get so annoyed that I leave immediately. I hope I’m not the only one and that they realize this method is a turnoff.
- Sometimes I’m really excited about what I brought to work for lunch. These days generally go better than days when I’m like, “Meh, not thrilled.”
- I hate scheduling appointments. You know, doctor, dentist, etc. I will procrastinate the hell out of that task.
- Growing up we called our aunts Auntie Layne and Auntie Lisa. We’re following that tradition as new kiddos join the family. I have one little nephew who calls me Auntie Auntie and one little niece who calls me Annie Annie. Between the two of them, they’ve got it nailed. I think this is pretty cute and I rue the day they start getting it right.
- As far as rings are concerned, when it comes to fine jewelry (diamonds, gemstones, etc.) wearing those rings on any finger other than a ring finger just looks odd to me.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on October 9, 2014
- Seeing two huge bald eagles on a beautiful walk Saturday morning. The weather was just amazing!
- Getting to spend my birthday with some of my favorite people out at The Grizzly Rose.
- My birthday drawing from my niece Farrah. She’s a budding little artist and she loves to draw. In each corner there are almost identical blue marks. Tell me that’s not intentional! What kid has that attention to detail at just over two?
- A relaxing Sunday afternoon with my folks.
- My mom’s pot roast.
Posted by Annie Brokaw on October 6, 2014